Our latest Financial Services and Credit Quarterly Update can be downloaded free here. It covers developments in the last quarter of 2018. Some of the important developments include:
• ASIC’s investigation of buy now pay later products
• The final hearings of the Royal Commission
• Draft legislation for mutual capital instruments
• The Productivity Commission report into superannuation
• ASIC’s review of internal dispute resolution procedures
2019 is likely to bring new regulatory challenges, with the imminent final report of the Royal Commission, and a likely new Federal Government soon.
We are planning some briefing sessions on the Royal Commission and other key compliance issues for the year ahead. Stay tuned for more details.
Patrick Dwyer and Kathleen Harris